Monday, August 24, 2015

My Return

So, I had to make it back to Lille to hook back up with the team. 

I very cleverly negotiated the Ghent tram system and got to the train station. Needless to say my American credit card wouldn't work in the kiosk, so I went to the desk. The surly woman there issued me a ticket. 

And neglected to tell me I had to change trains in Courtrai. So I went to some place called Popinge past Ypres. It was only then a nice lady found me a conductor who told me he announced the changing of trains. In Flemish. 

So I waited. The train started back towards Courtrai. It got to the station fifteen minutes after the last train for Lille had departed for the night. 

Luckily the can fare from Courtrai to Lille is "only" 60€. The cabbie was cool, a Flemish Josh Gad. But as charming as Bruges and Ghent were, I'm done with Belgium. 

No comments:

Post a Comment